cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Are svn externals a good idea?
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:48:50 GMT
I'm just wondering if svn externals are a good idea wrt to versioning.
I just had to checkout an older version of 2.1.8-dev and checked out
that particular revision. Now unfortunately, the jcr block (and now the
forms block) is linked into the tree using a svn external. And although
I checked out an old version of the cocoon tree, I get the latest
version from the jcr block. So it's not that easy to get the exact
version of the whole tree. Or is there an easy way?

And what does this mean wrt to tagging a release (which is a copy of the
source tree)?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/