cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Optional libs in 2.2
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 06:28:51 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> I'm trying to add my own block to 2.2, and I need to add a jar to go
> with it. It seems that all jars for blocks are in /lib/optional, rather
> than in /src/block/<blockname>/trunk/lib
>
> Is there a reason for that? Surely it means that all libs will be copied
> into WEB-INF/lib regardless of whether they are needed?

If two blocks need the same lib, we only have it once in lib/optional -
that is the reason for not having them in the block/lib directory. The
build process takes care that only the required libs are copied from
lib/optional to WEB-INF/lib.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/