cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira>
Subject Re: Do we want a GUI installer?
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:33:17 GMT
Daniele Madama wrote:
>>* Gianugo Rabellino:
>>>I think  so, Cocoon  2.1 is  here to stay  for a  while. FWIW, a
>>>colleague of mine  (Daniele Madama) wrote a small  GUI to manage
>>>blocks selection  (think make xconfig for  the linux kernel). If
>>>you  deem  it useful,  my  take  is  Daniele  would be  glad  to
>>>contribute it.
>>On FreeBSD, there is a Cocoon  installer that has such a GUI.  See
>>attached screenshot.  This is based on a BSD Makefile.
> My installer is similar to this, but it is written in SWING. It has a
> selection of blocks (read and pre-selected from [local.]
> with their description (read from gump.xml) and it will have a selection
> from principal (like samples, javadoc, and more).
> I hope to have time to finish some feature and donate it, if you want and
> if you think that it was useful. ;)

Since the scope of the work required of the AntInstaller and yours isn't
that different, I'd be interested to see yours.

Interesting to see that you use the descriptions from gump.xml. I put
those there when I was planning to do build this installer, for the very
purpose you are using them for!

Regards, Upayavira

View raw message