cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Protocol switch in portals
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:25:08 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> You got me wrong: I haven't said that we should not care about jsr168
> and wsrp, but that people that don't use it should not be asked to take
> care about deployment issues (ProxyPreserveHost et al) that are
> specifically related to these features.

As soon as you want to switch to https for any forms in your portlets
you need it, for example if you use cforms to build them.

> In DefaultLinkService.getInfo() : add a "Boolean secure" parameter and then
>   if (secure != null) {
>     // absolutize using either http or https depending on the value of
> "secure"
>   } else {
>     // do not absolutize
>   }
>
> Isn't it just what is needed?

Hmm, I'm not sure - I think we should compare the current protocol with
the protocol request and if they're not equal use absolute urls, no?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/