cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Protocol switch in portals
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:49:29 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Right. Now projects that use Cocoon as a complete solution don't
> really care about jsr168 and WSRP!

You're joking right?  Our plans are to use the portal for generating the
site navigation for all our various products since it is perfect for
that.  The fact that it allows JSR-168 portlets to easily integrate into
that mix is a huge plus as we can get portlets from our partners or
third party vendors and easily add them to websites.

> So, restating my question as I'd really like to know, what are the use
> cases that require URL absolutization other than when a coplet/portlet
> wants to enforce the protocol?
>
> This is because we could avoid absolutizing except when the portlet
> ask for a particular protocol, i.e. the Boolean parameter in
> getLinkURI() is not null.
>
> Sylvain

As Carsten said, what you are suggesting can be done, but if it was that
easy I'm sure it would have been done that way in the first place :-)

Ralph