cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Protocol switch in portals
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:56:20 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>Right. But AFAICS its never used. Do you have plans to update CopletTransformer or
something?

>It's currently only used from the JSR 168 and the WSRP implementation.
>We could add it to the CopletTransformer if there is the need.

Ok. I think adding support for this in the Cocoon portal itself would be
a nice addition, in order for it not to be less featured than the
official specifications.

>>Can you elaborate on use cases that need absolute links?
>>
>>Shouldn't the default be to keep relative URLs unless some specific
>>secure="true|false" attribute is specified on the link (i.e. the Boolean
>>passed to LinkService is null)? That would allow the portal to run
>>smoothly on deployments where ProxyPreserveHost or proxyHost have not
>>been configured, or where the used server infrastructure doesn't support it.
>>

>yes, this is exactly what I meant above :) - *but* if you haven't
>configured your environment correctly, you might get into problems with
>jsr 168 and wsrp.

Right. Now projects that use Cocoon as a complete solution don't really
care about jsr168 and WSRP!

So, restating my question as I'd really like to know, what are the use
cases that require URL absolutization other than when a coplet/portlet
wants to enforce the protocol?

This is because we could avoid absolutizing except when the portlet ask
for a particular protocol, i.e. the Boolean parameter in getLinkURI() is
not null.

Sylvain