cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Protocol switch in portals (was Re: furious anger: portal broken)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:54:51 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Right. But AFAICS its never used. Do you have plans to update
> CopletTransformer or something?

It's currently only used from the JSR 168 and the WSRP implementation.
We could add it to the CopletTransformer if there is the need.

>>As I said yesterday, we could create relative links if the procotol is
>>not changed, but there are cases where we need absolute links.
>>

> Can you elaborate on use cases that need absolute links?
>
> Shouldn't the default be to keep relative URLs unless some specific
> secure="true|false" attribute is specified on the link (i.e. the Boolean
> passed to LinkService is null)? That would allow the portal to run
> smoothly on deployments where ProxyPreserveHost or proxyHost have not
> been configured, or where the used server infrastructure doesn't support it.

yes, this is exactly what I meant above :) - *but* if you haven't
configured your environment correctly, you might get into problems with
jsr 168 and wsrp.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/