cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Protocol switch in portals (was Re: furious anger: portal broken)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:57:09 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> I'm a total newbie on this matter, so that may be dumb questions. I
> don't see how absolutizing links allows this: the result of
> absolutization is that all links use the protocol that was used by the
> current request, i.e. if it's http than all links will use http and if
> it's https then all links will use https.
>
> It seems to me that the protocol to be used depends on the page that is
> to be displayed rather than where you come from to that page, no?
> Absolutization means that once you enter the site using a particular
> protocol, you always use that one. Or did I missed something?

The LinkService accepts a boolean argument indicating if you want a
secure link. If this is set to true then the service switches to https.
As I said yesterday, we could create relative links if the procotol is
not changed, but there are cases where we need absolute links.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/