cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: furious anger: portal broken
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:42:59 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>><snip/>
>>

>>>For example it took us some days to update from 2.1.7 to a recent 2.1.8-dev because
some things in CForms changed and broke our whole web application.

>>Hmm... could it be that taking CForms as an example is pure coincidence?
>>

>Huh? What do you mean?

Bah, never mind...

>>What was the problem?
>>

>One problem was the split of the javascript lib into two libs which you
>now have to include; another one was the ajax support corrupting the
>layout with mozilla/firefox. While the first one was no big deal, the
>second one took us some time to find out. There were other problems,
>like the model is now immutable, so you can't change the required flag
>at runtime and so on.
>But after all no real problems as we expect problems when updating any
>third party library.
>

>>>Ok, that's it on *that* subject (I hope), let's get into the technical discussion:
>>>
>>>Both, the JSR 168 and WSRP require the functionality to switch from http to https
and back. Switching the protocol is only possible with absolute urls (for the switch itself).
That's the reason why the LinkService now creates absolute urls.

>>Can you elaborate on this protocol switch? What is it about? Any pointers?
>>

>A portlet can decide to switch to HTTPS for example for forms.
>References are the two specs, JSR 168 and WSRP.

Well, I was hoping you had a bookmark at hand _inside_ these specs. I'll
do my homework and dig...

Sylvain