cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: furious anger: portal broken
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:05:09 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

<snip/>

>For example it took us some days to update from 2.1.7 to a recent 2.1.8-dev because some
things in CForms changed and broke our whole web application.

Hmm... could it be that taking CForms as an example is pure coincidence?

What was the problem?

>Ok, that's it on *that* subject (I hope), let's get into the technical discussion:
>
>Both, the JSR 168 and WSRP require the functionality to switch from http to https and
back. Switching the protocol is only possible with absolute urls (for the switch itself).
That's the reason why the LinkService now creates absolute urls.

Can you elaborate on this protocol switch? What is it about? Any pointers?

Sylvain