cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r289973 - /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/CalendarGenerator.java
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:02:12 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:
> Il giorno 18/set/05, alle 23:00, hepabolu@apache.org ha scritto:
>
>> +    protected String weekdays[] = { "",
>> +            "Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday",
>> +            "Friday", "Saturday"
>> +    };
>

> Since the CalendarGenerator strives to be localizable as far as
> possible, wouldn't it be better to use Java I18N features for outputting
> localized weekday names instead of this?
>
>     Ugo

True, I've thought about this, but I intended the weekday attribute to
be used for comparisons like "is this a weekday or a weekend day". In
that case you don't want to depend on the current locale. You cannot
depend on the order in the list either, since the first day in the week
list is the first day of the week for that particular locale.

I could of course put in the ordinal (i.e. Sunday = 1), but that means
you always need extra info to figure out what is what, i.e. context that
you don't have once the calendar is generated.

I18n localizations can still be done using the i18n transformer with
these names as keys.

WDYT?

Bye, Helma