cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Regression on DefaultLinkService
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:36:20 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>
>>Indeed,  Upa  was  right  in  suggesting that  we  use  Apache  as
>>a  proxy  with  ProxyPass  directive.  The  server  name  used  to
>>access the  application is  not the  same as  the one  returned by
>>request.getServerName().
>>

> I'm not sure, but I think ProxyPass sets the server as an additional
> request header, "Via" or something like that. If this is true, we could
> also check this header in the link service. WDYT?

You set ProxyVia on in your httpd.conf and it will set a Via header.
Interesting. This should be used in a lot more places besides, e.g. the
HostSelector - it could have made my life _much_ easier.

>>>Can you solve  your problem this way? What  configuration do you
>>>have? Give us some more information and  I'm sure we can fix the
>>>problem.
>>

>>Generally  speaking  in  our   application  we  need  somewhere  a
>>configuration  file where  we store  the server  name.  Maybe  the
>>server name can be passed in the portal components configuration?
>
> Yeah, this would be possible, of course. But I think this should be the
> final solution. What happens, if you use the same portal instances for
> two virtual hosts?

Then you need to use something like Via, or proxy to the correct
hostname, or pass a key in with the request that specifies what domain
it is associated with.

Regards, Upayavira