cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regression on DefaultLinkService
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:27:46 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:

> Indeed,  Upa  was  right  in  suggesting that  we  use  Apache  as
> a  proxy  with  ProxyPass  directive.  The  server  name  used  to
> access the  application is  not the  same as  the one  returned by
> request.getServerName().

I'm not sure, but I think ProxyPass sets the server as an additional
request header, "Via" or something like that. If this is true, we could
also check this header in the link service. WDYT?

>>Can you solve  your problem this way? What  configuration do you
>>have? Give us some more information and  I'm sure we can fix the
>>problem.
>

> Generally  speaking  in  our   application  we  need  somewhere  a
> configuration  file where  we store  the server  name.  Maybe  the
> server name can be passed in the portal components configuration?
Yeah, this would be possible, of course. But I think this should be the
final solution. What happens, if you use the same portal instances for
two virtual hosts?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/