cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Creating better portal urls
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 07:44:14 GMT
Andreas Hochsteger wrote:
> Do you mean something like mod_rewrite for Apache
> (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html)?

Hmm, similar but as a Java component - so you have to code the rewriting
and can't configure it.

The current LinkService can be used to do the conversion from current
portal urls to "nice urls", so you only have to provide a component that
does the reverse.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/