cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AJAX + FormsGenerator
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:38:45 GMT
BURGHARD √Čric wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Since i'm using xsl2 for all my forms, i'm looking for a way to enable ajax
>in FormsGenerator.

Interesting. Can you explain how you use XSLT 2 and the FormGenerator?

>After quickly looking through sources, i found that this
>feature seems to be planned in the FormsGenerator (FIXME comments).

I guess you're referring to the FIXME in AbstractWidget.generateSaxFragment.

>At first glance, i thought that this would be just a matter of copy and
>paste of the relevant code from JXMacrosHelper to AbstractWidget, so i
>could use the browser-update transformer (exactly like we use to do with
>the CForms macros). But by reading the comment (we may want to strip out
>completely widgets that aren't updated when in AJAX mode), i'm not sure if
>this is the right way to do it.
>
>Will the generator generate the bu tags, or will it generate the tags for
>updated widgets only (without bu) ?

If Widget.generateSaxFragment() was producing the bu:replace elements,
then that would mostly translate to piping the result of the
FormsGenerator through the BUTransformer.

Unfortunately, this is not what happens and it should not happen as the
<bu:replace> tag is really a view concern.

A way to achieve this is for widgets to produce an additional
updated="true" attribute when they were updates. The FormsGenerator can
then easily wrap such widget elements with a <bu:replace> that can then
be consumed by the BUTransformer and whatever comes next.

>I need some enlightment just to be able to contribute cleanly to this really
>cool feature (thx sylvain).

Hope this helped :-)

Sylvain