cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shall we switch to Jira?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:34:34 GMT
> Ok, I imported the old stuff from BugZilla, and made a few tweaks:

Thanks for all the work.

> The workflow in use is a simplified one, there are only three statuses:
> - Open
> - Closed
> - Reopened
>
> I took out the "In Progress" and "Resolved" as I personally never  found
> any use for it, and I wanted to show off the simples JIRA setup
> possible, but they can be re-inserted at any time (actually if  someone
> has better workflow ideas, I'm all ears).

Well, I'm not an experienced Bugzilla user, so I might have overlooked
this, but when working on a bug I felt the need to "mark" the bug "in
progress" to avoid others working on the same bug without each other
knowing. So, in that case I would propose to add "in progress".

Or what's the best practice for this?

Do we want to differentiate between bugs closed because they were fixed
(Resolved) or simply because they have become redundant? If not, I go
for simplicity.

> Users:
> ------
> The project owner is "dev@cocoon.apache.org", and I'm the only member
> of the cocoon-developers group for now. Who wants to have access for
> testing?

I can't say I'm an experienced tester, but I'd like to have a look. Is
that possible or should I then be part of the group first?

Bye, Helma