cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Shall we switch to Jira?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 02:32:25 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Just an idea... I'm used to work on it at work, and it's quite an
> improvement on Bugzilla, and allows things like:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?
> view=rss&&query=cocoon&summary=true&description=true&body=true&tempMax=2

> 5&reset=true&decorator=none
>
>     Pier

Being reading all the thread, I think there is also one important
aspect: A lot of the projects used in cocoon as xalan, xerces et al. all
of them already migrated to jira. I believe using the same bug tracking
system can help us a lot. Exactly the same as when this projects used
bugzilla few years ago. Bugzilla reported us the change of the bug in
the other project. Actually, we need to check manually in jira if the
status of them changed. Currently, we have some links to jira bugs:

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=Cocoon+2&content=jira

On the other side, I am also a happy bugzilla user too. ;-)

I met Jira, while trying to watch a lot of other ASF projects for
cocoon. I agree Jira is quite different than bugzilla, but when you use
Jira more often you note Jira offer a lot of cool features. The things I
don't like in our Jira installation are:

1-Slower than bugzilla (from my place. Dunno why, perhaps bigger pages).
2-frequent downtimes (Pier explained this is due tomcat. Anyway the
cruel reality is: frequent downtimes).
3-Not Open Source:
https://www.atlassian.com/about/licensing/faq.jsp#open_source

Best Regards,