cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <osnbeh...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about Daisy to Forrest plugin
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:55:06 GMT
Hi Ross,

I'm wondering about the current state of your Daisy-to-Forrest plugin,
is it possible to use it any time soon?

Something else: the current Cocoon documentation site layout is
described in various book.xml and site.xml files. It would be great if
you could use those, but the only link between the current Daisy version
and the old xdoc version of a document is in the conversion logfile that
Bruno created when he imported the files in Daisy.

My idea is that you will have a very difficult time getting the old
structure of the site imposed on the new Daisy output (whatever your
plugin generates), due to the renumbering/renaming of the documents.
Unless you have a very nifty conversion that takes this logfile and
recreates the "old" names. But then again, this will not be 100% correct
since I have reshuffled a few of these documents into several new
documents, so hand tweaking would be necessary after each export.

I'm thinking of recreating the complete navigation structure in Daisy,
so you can use that as a "site.xml" version. Since that is a lot of
work, I'd like to know if you have other ideas.

Bye, Helma