cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Shall we switch to Jira?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:25:54 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> On 13 Sep 2005, at 13:58, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>
>>> But at the same time, Bugzilla doesn't allow one to create own
>>> filters (searches)
>>
>> Wrong. How come I have several. See 'Remember Search' button, and
>> 'Saved Searchs' in the footer.
>
> You broke up the phrase: "save the filter AND send status of them"

My bad - misunderstood your statement.

>>> and send status of them to a particular  individual / list /  email,
>>> or to have customized workflows / fields /  schemes and so  on...
>>
>> We don't need that crap. It is problem enough that half of the time
>> you can't do much in Jira while working with other projects, no  need
>> to screw up Cocoon's bug tracking system.
>
> In my opinion those are quite nice features... Having to work (by
> choice) with Jira at work, I feel personally that some of that  "crap"
> (once you get used to it, and start _really_ working with  Jira) is
> _extremely_ useful.

It's really frustrating when you can't change bug status or do some other tasks.
That's what I meant; I presume that's part of 'customized workflows' feature.
Yep, I had bunch of experience with ClearQuest, did not liked it either.

> And since I spend 20% of my time tracking projects at work using  Jira,
> I think that it might be a good solution also for this project.  That
> said, this is my humble opinion, and as the subject of this mail  states
> "Shall we switch to Jira", I'm asking for comments from other  members
> of this list, _constructive_ comments.

Constructive comment would be;

   * What it does better?
   * Is it faster?
   * Is it more stable?

I tried using it, and (IMVHO) it fails on last two points and has
hard-to-read-at-a-glance UI.

> ---
>
> Now, I'm not saying "you're crap if you don't swich", as much as I
> don't go around saying things like "Can you please make up your mind,
> is it DEBUG or WARN???".

Sorry if humor of the situation has not reached you; even with smiles present. I
had not had personal issues with you - so far, and IMHO - and I don't know if
you have any.

PS Not anger but frustration with jira.

Vadim