cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [Lepido][Contribution] Sitemap Debugger/Trace
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:17:43 GMT
Jens Maukisch wrote:

>as there seems to be a growing demand for some Cocoon debugging tools we (s&n AG)
want to jump in and help to develop a debugger infrastructure for Cocoon.

>With this contribution and our engagement we want to help the Lepido project to grow and
to attract more developers and users.

This is a very welcome contribution for which the (small) Lepido
community is very thankful, and it's a pleasure to see people jump in.
The plans for the Lepido debugger include of course the sitemap which is
an essential part of every Cocoon application, but also other important
components such as XSLT, JXTemplate or Rhino.

It would therefore be good to work together on the unified debugger
architecture mentioned in the Lepido proposal [1], merging your
experience with the sunBow debugger together with our ideas and
prototypes for an extensible debugger, that would also be based on
Eclipse's generic debugger infrastructure.

Thanks again for this contribution.