cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Identifying expression language, Re: svn commit: r279283 - /cocoon/trunk/status.xml
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:01:48 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> lgawron@apache.org wrote:
>
>>      <action dev="LG" type="add">
>> +      JXTG: Pluggable expression parser. New expression syntax:
>> ${expr}, #{expr} -&gt; {jexl:expr}, {jxpath:expr}.
>> +      This is a target syntax for CTemplate.
>> +    </action>
>

> Got couple of ideas:
>
>   * Can we use something shorter than {jexl:expr}, {jxpath:expr}?
>     For example, {jxl:expr}, {jxp:expr}. It's tiring to look
>     at {jxpath:expr}, not to mention typing it all the time...
>
>   * Should this prefix be configurable (in cocoon.xconf) instead of
>     being hard-coded?
It is not hardcoded, see
src\blocks\template\trunk\WEB-INF\xconf\cocoon-template-expression.xconf:

<expression-compilers>
<component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.expression.jxpath.JXPathCompiler"
name="default"/>
<component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.expression.jexl.JexlCompiler"
name="jexl"/>
<component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.expression.jxpath.JXPathCompiler"
name="jxpath"/>
</expression-compilers>

So you can choose whatever prefix you like. Moreover you are are allowed
to use {expr} which will use default expression compiler. You've got it
even shorter than before.

> And the fun idea,
>
>   * Should we configure 'expression language character', so that it
>     possible to add new language and character for it (or change default\
>     character for jxpath or jexl), example:
>
>         @{expr}, &{expr}
LOL