cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Identifying expression language, Re: svn commit: r279283 - /cocoon/trunk/status.xml
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:06:33 GMT
lgawron@apache.org wrote:
>      <action dev="LG" type="add">
> +      JXTG: Pluggable expression parser. New expression syntax: ${expr}, #{expr} -&gt;
{jexl:expr}, {jxpath:expr}.
> +      This is a target syntax for CTemplate.
> +    </action>

Got couple of ideas:

   * Can we use something shorter than {jexl:expr}, {jxpath:expr}?
     For example, {jxl:expr}, {jxp:expr}. It's tiring to look
     at {jxpath:expr}, not to mention typing it all the time...

   * Should this prefix be configurable (in cocoon.xconf) instead of
     being hard-coded?

And the fun idea,

   * Should we configure 'expression language character', so that it
     possible to add new language and character for it (or change default\
     character for jxpath or jexl), example:

         @{expr}, &{expr}

     :-)

Vadim