cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: howto update the website using forrest (was Re: patch commit request)
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:02:10 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> hepabolu wrote:
>

>>Ok, let's add to both for the time being. I have no idea how much there
>>is to add to Daisy, but in the process you might check if they are still
>> valid links.
>

> i've added all bugzilla [link] entries to livesites-2.1.xml - what a
> pain. I'll copy the content in bulk to Daisy in a bit.
>
> In the meantime i would be very grateful if someone could tell me what
> needs to be done to update the website. I tried to run forrest locally
> from the main cocoon-site directory but it failed :
>
> Lazy mode: true
> X [0]                                     linkmap.html  BROKEN: The
> element type  "lenya" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</lenya>".

This is an XML validation error. It should be highlighted before you get
to this stage as forest, by default, validates all documents before
attempting to build. This is configurable though and may be turned off
in your config.

Try "forrest validate" to give you more info. (although a clue for you
is that linkmap.html is gneerated from your site.xml file, chances are
that file is not well-formed.

> Logging Error: Writing event to closed stream.

That's a known issue and can be ignored.

> Any forresters around to help out ?

You'd be better off on the Forrest user list for this kind of help. I
spotted this one, but may not spot them all, over there you are sure of
our attention.

Ross