cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:41:30 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon developers
that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.

Arjé has been using Cocoon for years and has taken the responsibility of
organizing the upcoming GetTogether, which shows how much he cares for
Cocoon and its community. And we value this a lot.

This isn't the usual committer vote, since Arjé hasn't provided a lot of
code patches. But quoting Stefano, "committer means 'being committed to
the project' rather than being able to commit code".

There are some precendents for this: Matthew Langham and Andrew Savory
were made committers, because we felt they were important citizens of
the Cocoon community. The same applies to Arjé today.

Please cast your votes!

Sylvain