cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Real blocks - current state and next steps
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 06:02:22 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Deployement
> -----------
>
> During development it is easiest to deploy block by using an (possibly
> graphical) OSGi console. Is this ok for production systems, should we
> have some web gui?

A graphical installer is fine for development but IMHO not for production. I
need a reproducible state of a system.

Suppose you have a cluster of 5 app servers running Cocoon. I don't want to
connect to every server and install/uninstall blocks there. This is way to
error-prone.

What I think is some kind of block-installation descriptor[1]. I think M2 will
help us here but I haven't had a closer look how this could be done.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/block-deployer/test/sample-descriptors/deploy_001.xml
just to give an idea what I mean, don't want to say that this *is* the solution.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc