cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Status of JXTemplate refactoring
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 22:29:08 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>>
>>> No, I use faulty terminology, I didn't mean expression parser but
>>> rather string template parser (or whatever we should call it).
OK. So we have pluggable expression parser. I have tested it a bit but
new test cases are a must.

If you want to try it out replace one line in:
src\blocks\template\trunk\WEB-INF\xconf\cocoon-template.xconf

from:
<component
role="org.apache.cocoon.template.expression.JXTExpressionCompiler"
class="org.apache.cocoon.template.expression.DefaultJXTExpressionCompiler"/>

<component
role="org.apache.cocoon.template.expression.JXTExpressionCompiler"
class="org.apache.cocoon.template.expression.NewStyleJXTExpressionCompiler"/>

Unfortunately both versions cannot exist at the same time. To make that
happen I would have to extend DefaultScriptManager (to lookup different
JXTExpressionCompiler) and JXTemplateGenerator (to lookup different
ScriptManager). I wonder if there's a simpler solution for that.

I assume we want to keep backward functionality. Is it OK if I just
create CTemplateGenerator extending current JXTemplateGenerator?