cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 19:28:06 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Would I even be able to get a source resolver? You haven't read
> cocoon.xconf yet.
Yes :) Cocoon itself uses a simple bootstrap source resolver which is
able to do relative resolving and supports the context and resource
protocol. So, we could pass this to your component.

> Our code uses a modified version of the the Avalon configuration stuff
> so I use that to read my XML file, so for me I probably won't need any
> more than what you've probably done.  Since the system is in a pretty
> primitive state when you are doing this I doubt much more can be done.
Yepp, that's true - now, if you don't need the source resolver I think
we will leave it the way it is (we can add everything later on); if you
need it, I would add the support for Serviceable where you get a simple
service manager managing just the source resolver mentioned above.