cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Status of JXTemplate refactoring
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 07:59:03 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was asked for a possible refactoring of the JXTemplateGenerator.
>> Somebody wants to provide only a very limited set of functionality to
>> his template writers: only JXPath (no JEXL), only one object model.
>>
>> He started with patching the version of JXTemplateGenerator coming
>> with 2.1.7. Simply extending it does not work because of to much
>> private stuff. But with the refactoring happened to the official
>> JXTemplateGenerator this also seems not to make much sense.
>

> Redoing the refactoring work that Leszek and I already have done seem
> like wasting time.
>
>> Now the questions: The refactoring happened only in the trunk, didn't it?
>

> It only happened in trunk, keeping a synchronized copy in the 2.1.x
> branch while refactoring didn't seem that fun. It would probably easy to
> port it to 2.1.x if anyone feel like doing it.
The only problem is the object model that changed a little bit (this
makes one of the test cases fail in trunk).

> To make the expressions completely plugable within the template
> framework, we need a expression parser interface and we need to make the
> expression parser implementation plugable in the Parser.
Plugging one expression parser into the Parser is not enough. Most of
users will still want to use both JEXL and JXPath in one template as the
functionality of both maps well on different areas of object model.

I'll read previous discussions again and try to implement something both
pluggable and convertor ready.

>> Is there any obvious problem using the template block in Cocoon 2.1?
>

> No.
Nope.