cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 07:43:29 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> I don't think so.  I really don't want to have two files with system
> properties in them. As I said, we have an XML file that contains iniital
> logging configuration along with system properties.  We use this same
> file (well, the contents might be different) in different applications,
> many of which are not Cocoon based. So I really don't want to tell folks
> that in application A, B and C you add logging definitions and
> properties to the XML file but in applications D and E you put only the
> logging defintions in the XML file and properties go in a property file.

Ah, I think now I get it (sorry, early in the morning I sometimes need
to wakeup):
The plugin component we are talking about will in your case read the XML
and extract the properties from the XML file and deliver it to the
Cocoon core while the rest of the file is used somewhere else, right?

Ok, I think we can control this by...tata...properties...I think we can
do something like a
org.apache.cocoon.properties.controller=YOURCLASS|ANOTHERCLASS
and this class has some interface and delivers the properties.

How does this sound?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/