cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 05:24:32 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hmm, you can put your own properties file into WEB-INF/properties
>directory. All these properties are available using the Settings object.
>You can inject the Cocoon core object into one of your Spring
>components, access the settings object from there and get your properties.
>Isn't it this, what you need? (If yes, it works today :) )

I don't think so.  I really don't want to have two files with system
properties in them. As I said, we have an XML file that contains iniital
logging configuration along with system properties.  We use this same
file (well, the contents might be different) in different applications,
many of which are not Cocoon based. So I really don't want to tell folks
that in application A, B and C you add logging definitions and
properties to the XML file but in applications D and E you put only the
logging defintions in the XML file and properties go in a property file.

Ralph