cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Blocks in 2.2
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:26:42 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Any special note on how to do blocks in 2.2?

Take a look at a couple of blocks in trunk and you will see how it is
done. No big changes since 2.1, main changes is about directory
structure and names, IIRC.

> I've created this week two new blocks "validation" and "captcha", and
> I would love to see them in sync on HEAD (and not only in BRANCH_2_1_x).

Please do.

> With all this OSGI stuff and work, I lost track of HEAD. Anyone care
> to explain like I was a three-years-old???

You don't need to care about OSGi for adding your block. The OSGi stuff
is still experimental and only tried partly at a few blocks. We will
also try to make everything including configuration files as back
compatible as possible.

If you want to join the OSGi work I can try to explain how it works.

/Daniel