cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Planning 2.2 [was: Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?]
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 08:08:00 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Ralph Goers wrote:
>>

>>> Where does the switch to Maven 2 fit into this picture?
>>

>> Probably 2.2M2 or 2.2M3, depending on how quick people are in
>> implementing it!
>
> I'm not sure whether "people" means the maven developers or us. I bring
> this up because 1) maven 2 isn't released yet and 2) as I stated earlier
> it could have an impact on the directory structure that Cocoon uses.
> Doing that after 2.2.0 goes out could be a problem (but obviously
> wouldn't be if it is done in a milestone release).  I'd also be
> concerned if converting blocks to be compatible with OSGi in 2.2 would
> introduce the same problem. Hopefully, enough research has already been
> done that this can be handled before 2.2.0 is released.

How much do we know about the directory structure required by Maven? I
know that OSGi R3 requires a directory structure, R4 doesn't. However,
one package per bundle would make implementation much easier.

I just want to avoid any "we can't release X because we're waiting for
feature Y", that is something we've stumbled with all too often.

Regards,

Upayavira