cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:47:11 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Ralph Goers wrote:
>

>>Based on your description above, I would specify an interface that you
>>call that returns a property set. Any number of these could be
>>configured. Your code would call each one that is configured,
>>aggregating the property set. Then you would continue to do steps 2 and
>>3.  My code would take responsibility for obtaining the properties from
>>the XML file and returning them as a property set.
>>

>Ah, ok, that should be easy then.
>
>Ok, there remains only one question: how to you configure your plugin?
>
>Carsten

Currently, all the code that needs access to that file goes through a
single component. That component uses a system property to specify where
the file is. But in this case, you can dream up pretty much anything
that works.  I'm presuming that putting them in cocoon.xconf is out
since that is what is being modified. I hate putting them in web.xml but
is OK if that is the only way.  Another way that works for me is for
your factory to have methods that I can invoke from Spring's lifecycle
config.  My logging implementation causes Spring to initialize when
logging is set up.

Propose something else if you hate all of these.

Ralph