cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:22:25 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Ralph Goers wrote:
>

>>What does your code currently do?  I thought it replaced "variables" in
>>cocoon.xconf.  I guess I was assuming that it would continue to do that.
>>

>Yes, it does (based on properties) - the code does a little bit more:
>- it reads all the properties files and builds a big property set
>containing all key-value pairs
>- it reads all the xconf files and replaces values based on the property
>set.
>- it makes the property set available to other components
>
>Now, from your description I assume that you need a pluggable mechanism
>that replaces variables in the xconf being it key-value pairs or XML
>snippets. While key-value pairs through properties is easy, the latter
>is a little bit complicated: the current mechanism first reads in the
>XML and creates a Configuration object/tree and then replaces the values
>in this tree.
>
>Carsten

Based on your description above, I would specify an interface that you
call that returns a property set. Any number of these could be
configured. Your code would call each one that is configured,
aggregating the property set. Then you would continue to do steps 2 and
3.  My code would take responsibility for obtaining the properties from
the XML file and returning them as a property set.

Ralph