cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:12:18 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> What does your code currently do?  I thought it replaced "variables" in
> cocoon.xconf.  I guess I was assuming that it would continue to do that.

Yes, it does (based on properties) - the code does a little bit more:
- it reads all the properties files and builds a big property set
containing all key-value pairs
- it reads all the xconf files and replaces values based on the property
set.
- it makes the property set available to other components

Now, from your description I assume that you need a pluggable mechanism
that replaces variables in the xconf being it key-value pairs or XML
snippets. While key-value pairs through properties is easy, the latter
is a little bit complicated: the current mechanism first reads in the
XML and creates a Configuration object/tree and then replaces the values
in this tree.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/