cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 06:49:45 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>

>>Ok, the current solution is property based (name - value pairs). If we
>>would make this pluggable, would this work for you? For example, we
>>could convert an XML file into properties.
>>
>>Carsten
>>

> I think making it pluggable is what I requested in the first place. But
> I wouldn't want ot assume that an XML file has nothing else in it other
> than properties. So I would prefer that the plug-in have the
> responsibility of interpreting whatever datasource it is reading.

Ok, I understand this of course, the question is, how do you want to get
the information? Currently you can get all properties read from Cocoon
in your own component/code. If we make the reading pluggable, we also
need a way to deliver this information to the components that are
interested in it.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/