cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:19:44 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Ralph Goers wrote:
>

>>I haven't looked at the code for this, but a) I'd love it in 2.1 and b)
>>is it pluggable?  We already have an XML file with some configuration in
>>it including some system properties that need to be set. It would be
>>nice if I could leverage the same file for this.
>>

>Hmm, for a) I more and more think we should move the whole ECM++ stuff from 2.2 to 2.1.x
(readd the support for Composable and Instrumentable) and be able to use all the nice little
things from 2.2 *today* - this requires some changes in some "internal" classes of Cocoon
but this shouldn't effect users...

Wow. That would actually be a lot of backporting IMO, meaning the 2.1
branch wouldn't be very different from the trunk!

This feature alone will make people jump to 2.2 once we release it, even
as a beta. So I agree with Upayavira: let's release a 2.2 without OSGi
and concentrate on it for 2.3.

And BTW, instrumentable is currently broken (I suspect some binary
incompatibility between Excalibur libraries).

Sylvain