cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:46:57 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Ralph Goers wrote:
>

>>I haven't looked at the code for this, but a) I'd love it in 2.1 and b)
>>is it pluggable?  We already have an XML file with some configuration in
>>it including some system properties that need to be set. It would be
>>nice if I could leverage the same file for this.
>>

>Hmm, for a) I more and more think we should move the whole ECM++ stuff
>from 2.2
>to 2.1.x (readd the support for Composable and Instrumentable) and be
>able to use
>all the nice little things from 2.2 *today* - this requires some changes
>in some "internal" classes of Cocoon but this shouldn't effect users...
>For b) it's not pluggable (yet). What exactly do you need?

First, I'm assuming this is the code you spoke of a while ago to move
values outside of Cocoon.xconf and the sitemap so that things like
database ports, etc can be defined outside the webapp?

Well, basically I would need to be able to do whatever you are doing
while getting the data from a different file.  We have an XML file that
has some initial logging configuration as well as a section for system
property settings.  I'd like to add whatever data you are reading to
that file so that the server only needs one configuration file outside
the webapp.  Basically, I would provide the routine to read the data
from wherever I want and your routine would process it.