cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Event handling in form libraries
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 14:04:05 GMT
Max Pfingsthorn wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Okay, I see what you mean, but as a user of such a library, you have to be aware of what
it requires. In my conception, the usecase you describe is not valid as you try to use only
a part of an obviously connected set of widgets. You can do this, however you have to override
the event handler in the inheriting widget. This would solve your problem just fine and allow
for specifying complex widget structures in a library.

>I think we shouldn't impose restrictions on the use of libraries and specific parts of
widgets within libraries. As long as it is "fixable" by adding a line or two in your definition
and being a bit more aware of what you are inheriting from, this should be fine, right? Additionally,
as Sylvain pointed out, there are valid uses of event handlers in top-level library widgets...
i.e. on-change for an auto-completing text field via ajax (?).

Aha, that was the kind of use case I was looking for :-)

Sylvain