cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <>
Subject Re: Maven, Gump and Blocks
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:31:25 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>>Studied the question a little bit more. There is a Maven1 plugin for
>>creating gump.xml from POMs
>>, no port to m2 yet
>>though. The plugin is written in Jelly while m2 plugins are written in
>>Java so it takes some work to port it.
>According to the maven plugin matrix, a gump module is not planned for
>m2 - the maven advice is to use continuum....
Why is that, I thought the Maven community had stopped being against Gump.

>I think gump is a great thing and it helps a lot, but I think also that
>getting gump using m2 projects is not our concern.
I would like to agree, but it seem to imply that we are going to mean
that we will be without continuous integration until someone else takes
care about it. I doubt that we can afford that in the long term.

>This is something the
>maven and gump guys can do.
Your answer above seem to indicate that the Maven guys not are going to
do it, are there any plans for m2 support from the Gump camp?

View raw message