cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:14:36 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

<snips everywhere/>

>> The block A which depends on block B will have access to:
>>   * Sitemap components of block A
>>
>> Given the above, what is the point of 'sitemap-additions'?
>
> Components are included in the cocoon.xconf and sitemap components in
> the component section in the main sitemap.xmap.

'main sitemap'? Sitemap components - see above - are included in the block's
sitemap.xmap, not in the main one - not in the Cocoon's root sitemap. May be you
meant "block's main sitemap"...

> Is there a point of
> doing it this way? I don't know, if the sitemap components still must be
> declared within a sitemap there might be, otherwise not.

Strictly speaking, there is no must here... We could easily merge block's xconf
and xmap into single file.

>>> For real blocks the block.xml points to webapp/sitemap.xmap and
>>> COB-INF/xconf/myblock.xconf, and sitemap.xmap in turn includes
>>> COB-INF/sitemap-additions/myblock.xconf, and no copying anymore.
>>

>> Or, you simply mean, block's sitemap.xmap will import
>> /COB-INF/sitemap-additions/* into itself?
>
> Yes.
>
>> If that is so, then again, what is the point in doing it? :)
>
> See above.

Above does not explain the need :-)

Currently with huge root sitemap we have a need; but given block's sitemap will
have few sitemap components to declare - why separate them into yet another file?

> So, if "sitemap components" doesn't need to be defined within a sitemap
> anymore,

Actually, it's not required.

> I agree with you that we should skip the sitemap additions and
> put everything in the blocks xconf.

I suggest the revers: put everything from block's xconf into its xmap :-)

> Then all blocks both such that has a
> sitemap and such that only exports components would have a root
> component manager with all components from the blocks xconf in it.

... from the sitemap.xmap in it :-)

> For
> blocks that also have a sitemap the root component manager would be
> pararent component manager for the sitemap.
>
> If sitemap components really need to be part of  a sitemap it is a
> question what it would mean to export such a component from a block.
>
> Thoughts?

At the end, either way will do.

Vadim