cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:56:37 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> I have something like this in mind:
>>
>> /myblock
>>  /COB-INF
>>    block.xml
>>    /sitemap-aditions
>>  /webapp
>>    sitemap.xmap
>

> The block A which depends on block B will have access to:
>
>   * Exported Java classes of block A
>   * Components of block A
>   * Sitemap components of block A
>
> (third bullet here is repeating second, but it's here for clarity).
>
> Given the above, what is the point of 'sitemap-additions'?

Components are included in the cocoon.xconf and sitemap components in
the component section in the main sitemap.xmap. Is there a point of
doing it this way? I don't know, if the sitemap components still must be
declared within a sitemap there might be, otherwise not.

>> For real blocks the block.xml points to webapp/sitemap.xmap and
>> COB-INF/xconf/myblock.xconf, and sitemap.xmap in turn includes
>> COB-INF/sitemap-additions/myblock.xconf, and no copying anymore.
>

> Or, you simply mean, block's sitemap.xmap will import
> /COB-INF/sitemap-additions/* into itself?

Yes.

> If that is so, then again, what is the point in doing it? :)

See above.

So, if "sitemap components" doesn't need to be defined within a sitemap
anymore, I agree with you that we should skip the sitemap additions and
put everything in the blocks xconf. Then all blocks both such that has a
sitemap and such that only exports components would have a root
component manager with all components from the blocks xconf in it. For
blocks that also have a sitemap the root component manager would be
pararent component manager for the sitemap.

If sitemap components really need to be part of  a sitemap it is a
question what it would mean to export such a component from a block.

Thoughts?

/Daniel