cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:22:10 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>I'll try to minimize the need for patching the web.xml in the next days
>>as well.
>

> How do you plan to do this? We cannot add ourselves an include mechanism
> in web.xml :-)

Oh, yes we *can* - we simply take Geronimo and require all users to use
that and then we can patch our extensions into the servlet spec and
finally get it right :)  (Ok, this is just a joke)

Now more seriously, it's already there. All the settings stuff I did in
the core is just for this. We use POPFs :) (plain old property files)
for this. See [1] for the introduction.
Now I'm thinking of extending that mechanism to include several block
specific property files.

See also my response to Upayavira [2] which should show that using
properties enables a lot of nice things. (Hopefully I succeeded there).
And all this is still compatible with the 2.1.x way of doing things!

Carsten

[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=112556211916690&w=2
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/