cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:42:37 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>

>>Thinking about it, shouldn't it be COB-INF (or did we decide BLOCK-INF?)
>>rather than WEB-INF, in the blocks. The sitemap-additions and conf will
>>be part of real blocks as well AFAICS.
>>

>Hmm, currently we have one WEB-INF directory where all configs are added
>to (in xconf and sitemap-additions). With real blocks we have several
>blocks and each block has a "something-INF" directory I think.
>So as soon as we have real blocks, this will change.

I have something like this in mind:

/myblock
  pom.xml
  /META-INF
    Manifest.mf
  /COB-INF
    block.xml
    /xconf
    /sitemap-aditions
  /java
  /webapp
    sitemap.xmap

For the compile time blocks the content of
COB-INF/[xconf|sitemap-additions] are added to the appropriate place in
the global webapp/WEB-INF/[xconf|sitemap-additions], like you just have
fixed.

For real blocks the block.xml points to webapp/sitemap.xmap and
COB-INF/xconf/myblock.xconf, and sitemap.xmap in turn includes
COB-INF/sitemap-additions/myblock.xconf, and no copying anymore.

The point is, that with a layout like the one above (or an improved
one), we don't need to change anything, just add the block.xml and
Manifest.mf for real blocks. Now, IMHO, it is no big deal if we use
WEB-INF instead of COB-INF for the real blocks, but we decided COB-INF
once, so we could as well stick with it.

/Daniel