cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira <upayav...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: [2.2] Using includes in the sitemap for components?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:55:40 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Done.
>
> I think we should move all sitemap components, even the core ones into
> included files. This allows to have your application specific sitemap
> without worrying how to merge this when you update Cocoon.
>
> I'll try to minimize the need for patching the web.xml in the next days
> as well.

On that note, we shouldn't store application configuration in web.xml.

web.xml is an environment specific configuration file. The only config
that goes there is environment specific configuration.

We should store the config that is currently in there in some
environmentally neutral file - the obvious one is cocoon.xconf, but,
that it isn't in web.xml is more important.

This would make the CLI easier. Also, the core Cocoon block in an OSGi
system is environment independent, it is the webapp bundle that provides
the specific environment, so storing core Cocoon configs in web.xml is
problematic there.

Thoughs?

Upayavira