cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bricks example app in our whiteboard, WDYT?
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:34:59 GMT
Le 19 sept. 05, à 12:07, Bertrand Delacretaz a écrit :
> ...Yes, but in fact I have maybe jumped to conclusions in thinking
> that Hivemind depends on code that we couldn't redistribute. It might
> be that they just use the ibiblio downloads for convenience, I'll have
> to check this...

Looks like what Hivemind uses is indeed ASL-compatible, this is the
text of the hivemind build time warning:

"Dependent libraries will be downloaded.  These are NOT necessarily
downloaded from apache.org,and may use other licences besides the
Apache Software License. Dependencies will use an open-source license
compatible with the ASL, such as Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD)
or Mozilla Public License (MPL). "

My confusion about javassist was based on [1] which says that it is
LGPL, but [2] says that it's MPL/LGPL dual-licensed, and inside the
download from [3] there's a License.html file which is MPL.

To build and  run, my example app only needs the hivemind and javassist
jars (along with some jakarta stuff).

So, it looks like all is well - sorry for the noise about this license
stuff.

-Bertrand

[1]http://www.jboss.org/products/list/downloads#javassist
[2] http://www.jboss.org/products/javassist
[3]
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
group_id=22866&package_id=80766&release_id=354770