cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniele Madama" <d.mad...@pronetics.it>
Subject Re: Do we want a GUI installer?
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:00:48 GMT

> * Gianugo Rabellino:
>
>> I think  so, Cocoon  2.1 is  here to stay  for a  while. FWIW, a
>> colleague of mine  (Daniele Madama) wrote a small  GUI to manage
>> blocks selection  (think make xconfig for  the linux kernel). If
>> you  deem  it useful,  my  take  is  Daniele  would be  glad  to
>> contribute it.
>
> On FreeBSD, there is a Cocoon  installer that has such a GUI.  See
> attached screenshot.  This is based on a BSD Makefile.
My installer is similar to this, but it is written in SWING. It has a
selection of blocks (read and pre-selected from [local.]blocks.properties)
with their description (read from gump.xml) and it will have a selection
from principal build.properties (like samples, javadoc, and more).

I hope to have time to finish some feature and donate it, if you want and
if you think that it was useful. ;)

Daniele

--
The box said "Requires Windows 95/98/Me/Nt/2k/XP or better" .... so I
installed Linux !

Daniele Madama

Pro-netics s.r.l.
Via Elio Lampridio Cerva 127/c