cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Agile Jack <agile.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GT2005] Capture Audio for Podcast?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:54:13 GMT
On 9/8/05, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 8 sept. 05, à 17:17, Agile Jack a écrit :
>
> > ... >From what I have been hearing, capturing useful quality audio
> > isn't that hard or expensive -- just need decent microphones and most
> > importantly, make sure we use them consistently. Probably some of you
> > already have experience?..
>
> Microphones will certainly be used, so the best thing would be to plug
> your recording gear directly into the hall's sound system.

Good point.

Arje, any chance we can get our hands on the sound system before the
conference to see what kind of outputs it has and try hooking up to it to
verify sound quality, etc.?

Given good-quality sounds files, the podcast part should be easy ...

Publishing audio is a good idea, much easier to do than video.