cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Do we want a GUI installer?
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:06:02 GMT
Il giorno 22/set/05, alle 23:49, Upayavira ha scritto:

> The application has the default Java swing look, which isn't very
> exciting. So, anything that looks a little prettier...

Oh, well, on my Mac it has the Aqua look, so it looks rather pretty,
but I agree that it could be much prettier. Actually, before I helped
Daniele tweak the UI just a little, it looked *really* ugly ;-).

If I remember correctly, selecting the default platform L&F is quite
simple and this would give Windows users a more familiar UI, so I'm +1
on that. As for Linux/Unix people, they are accustomed to ugly,
inconsistent GUIs so they shouldn't care much ;-) Besides I think GTK
is the default platform L&F on Linux starting with JDK 1.5. Personally,
I prefer Metal, but that's just me.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei