cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Blocks that modify web.xml
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 03:26:17 GMT
On Monday 26 September 2005 04:20, Upayavira wrote:
> Surely, if, in an OSGi scenario, if a block needs a servlet, it should
> register it directly with the OSGi servlet container service, rather
> than messing with Cocoon's web.xml?

Has it been sorted out how OSGi platform will be positioned in relation to the
Cocoon Servlet?? I.e. Is Cocoon a plain servlet capable of running in the
OSGi standard HttpService? Is OSGi runtime platform running embedded inside
the CocoonServlet? Both? Other?

If OSGi is embedded in the Servlet, it seems 'difficult' to provide a bridge
between the outer servlet container and the OSGi HttpService. Does the
servlet spec even allow runtime access to configuration and management yet
(have not looked at it since 2.1 or something)?
Personally, I don't care if Cocoon would be stand-alone, but I think a lot of
people would call it regression and get upset ;o)

Cheers
Niclas